Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Awaiting


Camino-2.

All is ready.
The only thing now standing between the Camino and me is a train, an overnight family visit and a short car ride between Biarritz and St-Jean-Pied-de-Port (SJPP) on Friday June 28.
To say that I am impatient would be putting it mildly. Impatience mixed with a pinch to the heart at the thought of leaving my children for over a month, but all in all, relief and serenity at finally spending some time with myself. This is long overdue.

The plan as it stands tonight is to start walking as soon as I get to SJPP on Friday. I am not sure what time that will be yet.
In order to preserve my knees for as long as possible (I fully expect my left knee to give me all kinds of trouble), I have decided to cross the Pyrenees in two takes. The first stop will be in the Refuge Orisson, about 8km from SJPP. The following day to Roncesvalles for the remaining 18km should then be a little easier. Of course, I may also feel good enough to do the whole 27km in one stretch.
We’ll see.
I am not setting myself any objectives, other than finish on both feet, still breathing, at Santiago, before August 5. That is it.

My next post will be from the Camino, Day one.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to say I am with you in your pack - but I know there is probably not an inch of room for a tall gal like me:-) But I am with you in my thoughts. Think it is amazing that you are actually doing this: brave. courageous. Fabulous.
    Wishing you all you are wishing for yourself and that you find what you are looking for.
    All love and big hugs,
    Dagz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my darling. You are somewhere in my pack, or if not in my pack, for sure in my heart, in good company. It's only good people in there.
      Love ya.
      A.

      Delete